Monday, October 12, 2009

Visit from a Pigeon


I have this story written in Rayna's composition book, but I can't seem to find that tonight. I will edit this soon and tell you her story.

I hear Levi from the back yard saying, "Sarah, come to the back door." He actually was hollering, "close the back dooor, close the back door."

I walked to the door, which was propped wide open. I was startled as I nearly walked right into a pigeon. It had a band around its leg, so we knew it was our neighbor's who lives about 3 blocks away and keeps a flock of pigeons.


There's the pigeon....Look at the pigeon.....
Me "he was going to come in our back door!"
Rayna "oh no, he's going in the street."
Me "its okay, he's walking home, he just lives 2 blocks up"
Rayna "I think we're gonna have to bring him home." "The pigeon came to visit us. How come he came to visit us?"
Me "I don't know its a mystery."

Rayna "He looked at me! Mama, the pigeon looked at me!"
Me "did he give you a wink?"
Rayna "no, he just saw me."

We started to follow the pigeon, and "walk him home."


Rayna "he flew up on the roof. I think he's going to fly from there. Are you lost?"
Alizah "bye"
Rayna "he's walking to the very top. Look, he's walking to the very top." "He's on the house."
Me "do you think he can see his home?"
Rayna "no he can't, we're about 2 blocks."
Me "do you think he can hear his friends?"
Rayna "how is he going to get home? I think we need to take him home."
Me "he's looking, stretching his neck."
Rayna "he flew!"
Me "ut oh, he's flying the other way."
Rayna "what ut oh?"
Me "he's going in the wrong direction, home is the other way."

About 3 minutes later, the pigeon flew overhead straight to its home and the flock circled the neighborhood moments later.

No comments: